Saturday, 1 February 2014

The one where she starts a blanket ...

Yes, I know.
A blanket is so not me. They take too long and I am something of a crochet butterfly, flitting between quick projects with the greatest of ease.
Or so I thought..



Then I came across lots of people talking about their #crochetmoodblanket2014 on IG, started by Stacey at FroFunky.

The idea is simple, yet genius;

Choose a motif. You make 1 motif a day, choosing your colours as your mood takes you.
T'is all.
By the end of the year you will have a huuuuuuuge blanket. 


Even I can manage this in amongst all my other projects.
I decided on the African Flower Hexagons, following instructions from Yvestown's blog. Aren't they great?



Needless to say, I am a little behind- I have been working on a new pattern for the shop - but still, I am enjoying seeing this grow immensely.

I will keep you posted on my (hopefully impressive) progress throughout the project.

Here's a teaser: Fancy making a little mouse?

Coming up in my next post will be the link to another free pattern! Yay!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

Sarah x