Thursday, 15 December 2011

Woaaaaahhhh! Slow down, December.

Image from Fotolr Photo Studio HD!

Don't you realise that you are slipping away from me at light-speed?
I have not written Christmas cards, wrapped presents or baked Mince pies.
I have not organised things to keep the children happy over the holidays.
I have not made hand-made presents for the people I wanted to. 
I have not finished Christmas shopping.

And when did I last write a blog post or read everyone else's? 
Eons ago, it appears.

Image from Fotolr Photo Studio HD!

But December, I am being a little unfair, for you mark the anniversary of my beginnings.

It is a year ago that I decided I needed something to 'engage the grey matter' after giving up my beloved teaching to become a mummy.
So I learned to crochet.
Something I never really thought I'd be able to do (due to calamitous knitting attempts in the past) but learn I did.
I can't crochet anything really complicated, but I have mastered a few basics, explored a few cheats, and made stuff that people actually want to pay for, which amazes me completely.

Image from Fotolr Photo Studio HD!

And from those tentative beginnings a year ago, I am starting a little business selling the things I make. Nothing huge. Nothing much. Just some crochet and some little wooden blocks.


So there we are, December; I know that there are only 10 days to go and although I am panicking ever so slightly about getting it all done, I know that I will.

And most importantly, I have a wonderful Christmas with friends and family to look forward to.
And for these things, I am most glad.

Happy, happy Christmas to you all.
Xx