Saturday, 5 April 2014

The Beginning and the End.

As with everything, nothing stays the same. Life is a continuous journey and no two days are ever the same. And so new opportunities present themselves and it becomes time to bid a reluctant farewell to many things.




I have always been very happy with my lot; I enjoy designing crochet patterns and selling a few hooky pieces in my real-life Ye Olde (shelf-in-a) Shoppe in Arundel and at a few local events too.
I am easily pleased by my family and friends and my crochet.

And then I decided I'd like to do a little more, but I didn't really know what...

Until I was asked to design for Let's Get Crafting Magazine.
Yay
This presented a new challenge and much excitement and definitely a new direction I wanted to explore.
So I took to work..




...I read the brief, did the research and got designing. In fact, I've just posted off my little crocheted pieces and have emailed patterns to the editor. Fingers crossed, I might be featured in the June edition (I'll keep you posted here, of course).

Add to this a big (secret) project. A really BIG project. A project of such enormitude and scale I should feel completely overwhelmed. But actually, I don't. I am in my element.
I will tell you more as soon I can, but for the moment, shhhhhhhh! It's a secret....

And so the beginning of new projects brings excitement, pressure and challenge, all of which will take up huge amounts of my time. That, and a busy family life containing a Mister who works away a lot and a pre-schooler who is not in full time education. 

The inevitable outcome is having to bid farewell to selling in Arundel. I cannot work the shifts and I have no time to make stock. Today was my last day and I felt a touch of sadness. It has been a great part of my journey and I have learnt so much.  But more importantly, it's been fun. 





I do hope you'll join me on my new journey. I look forward to telling you all about it.

Onwards I march. Hook in one hand, yarn in the other.

Sarah x