Sunday, 16 October 2011

Make this!

A really easy-peasy, quick and, more importantly, cheap project.

So my niece has been after one of these:

New look headwarmer
[Source]

A New Look headwarmer. Nice. Only £4, so not exactly bank-breaking.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I think I could make something a bit like that, methinks...

Crochet Headwarmer
Crochet Headwarmer

I used about 40 grams of cheap and cheerful King Cole Big Value Chunky, so it cost less than a quid to make. Most bargainous. One for the recession.

Here's one is oatmeal too:

Crochet Headwarmer

And one being worn:

Crochet Headwarmer
(sorry for model, but Betty's in deep storage ready for an upcoming craft sale, so it had to be me.)

Fancy making one?
I used a 10 mm hook and King Cole Big Value Chunky.

Chain 12
(I used me old favourite chainless foundation stitch)

Round 1: ch1, sc in Back Loops only (12 stitches)

Repeat row 1 until you've reached the desired length. (mine seemed best at about 45 cms)

Sew the two ends together.

For the flower, I switched to a 7mm hook and hooked the first 4 rows of this pattern from Red Heart.

Then stitch the flower to your headwarmer and add a button, if you like.

Simples.

Don't forget to visit my Pay it Forward giveaway post! I'll be drawing a winner on Oct 31st.

Enjoy you week, all.
Xx