Tuesday, 31 January 2012

No knit knitted monster

I am in love with those cute little knitted monsters I've seen around cyber-world.
But I can't knit.
I could crochet one.
But I can't be bothered.
What to do?

Why, CHEAT, of course!

First steal find yourself a suitable knitted thing which you don't want anymore. I scored a charity-shop scarf (60 pence, I kid you not).

Woolly scarf-monster

Next, draw a monster-ly template and cut out 2 pieces from your knitted thing.

Woolly scarf-monster

With wrong sides together, sew around the edge, but not all the way - leave a small gap for stuffing later (remember, wonky sewing is very necessary- monsters are not pretty).
Now turn out the right way.

Woolly scarf-monster

Experiment with different 'looks' for your monster with things from your stash.

Woolly scarf-monster

Attach whatever to your monster. I stitched mine, but glue would be easier.
Stuff and sew closed the opening.

Woolly scarf-monster

Admire your cleverness.
If you are truly naughty, tell people you knitted it yourself.
Bad girl.

Xx