Tuesday, 6 March 2012

nice things

I love a nice parcel from Missus Postlady.
And I've been lucky enough to have two in the last couple of weeks.
The first was planned:
The purchase of some new yarny stuff.
I've been admiring the lovely Lucy's crochet work over at Attic24 and really wanted some of that fabulous Rico Creative. It took a while, but I found a great supplier. 
Look at the colours. And it's so soft, too!

Lovely yarn

And here's my second basket. Full of gorgeous soft, woolliness.

Lovely yarn

I love a yarny basket.     
I am so rock-n-roll.

Anyhoo, just a little plug for the wonderful and helpful Abby at Crafty Yarn
A pleasure to do business, as they say in the trade.

Now parcel number two was a surprise. (the best kind of parcel, I say)
A while ago I made some wooden blocks for an ex-pupil of mine.
To say thank you, she sent me this:

Gift from Millie's monkeys
Gift from Millie's monkeys

How sweet is that monkey- and look, he matches my sofa perfectly too.
And see the card- it's been a while since I've been called Miss G.
10 years ago, infact. I taught Millie when she was an ickle 10 year old and now she is a proper grown-up and everything. 
And she makes and sells these marvellous sock monkeys.
Go see her!
She's on Facebook and Twitter and Blogger and all things digi-tech-tastic. 

Gift from Millie's monkeys

Well done, Millie. I am very proud of you.

Gratuitous picture of nice necklace found in Charity shop today for 2 quid.

Thrifted necklace

BTW, have just restocked my Arundel Shop. Egg cosies and these cute egg decorations are available to buy.

Crochet Easter eggs

BTW again, the bloke who owns the whole Arundel outfit is a fella called Dennis. He looks like the type of chap you wouldn't mess with, but is a diamond geezer of the right sort. And all those programmes on the Telly where the antiques dealer says things like 'That is my best price. That is my absolute best price. It's got some age. That is my rock bottom price" - all true. Have heard Dennis saying all these things.    

Enjoy the rest of your week.