Saturday, 16 January 2016

Little Box of Crochet

Have you heard of the Little Box of Crochet?

It's the brilliant brain-child of Amanda Bloom. A monthly subscription of crochet loveliness; you receive an exclusive pattern, along with all the goodies required to complete the project, contained within a beautiful box and delivered right to your door.

Previous talented designers include Kate from Greedy For Colourwho designed these wonderful fungi...

These gorgeous hand-warmers by Heather from Pink Milk...

The cutest bobbly head-warmer from Kate from Just Pootling...

And I am very proud to be Little Box of Crochet's February designer!
Yay! 
I hope you all enjoy my sweet little design for the month of love! Here's a sneaky peek...
Want to know more? Here's Amanda's amazing story:

My name is Amanda Bloom, lover of all things creative and cute. I live in Cheshire with my beautiful daughter Jenny.
In 2013 Jenny was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour. She was 15 at the time. I closed my hairdressing salon and focused on caring for my darling girl.
I had always loved making things and had a blog called Amanda Makes where I shared my creative life with many other fabulous makers around the world. When Jenny got sick, creativity became our comfort blanket and therapy. The thing I enjoyed most was crochet. What had been a pleasant hobby became a passion.
One day, whilst on holiday with Jenny, I came across the website of a Subscription Beauty Box. I had never heard of the concept of monthly subscription boxes. ( I must have been asleep because there are LOADS of them!) I loved the idea of receiving a sweet box of surprises every month! A wee gift to yourself! Not being big on beauty products, I started searching for a company doing creative boxes. I couldn’t find a crochet one that I liked so I decided that there was a gap and pressing need for a delicious monthly box of crochet. I knew that I’d stumbled across my ‘thing’.
I hope from the bottom of my heart that you will have the same enjoyment from the moment your Little Box of Crochet arrives each month. I would love to hear from you and see your makes. You can use the hashtag #littleboxofcrochet on Instagram; follow our page @littleboxofcrochetor like our page on Facebook …Little Box of Crochet.
Big hugs to all of you!
Amanda x
For more information about LBC, including details of how to subscribe (worldwide shipping available) please visit the website.
Wishing you all a wonderful week,
Sarah xx