Sunday, 10 July 2011

Vintage phone case crochet

Here's a little project I've been working on recently:

Vintage phone case

I cannot take any credit for the thought process, design or original idea in any form. I simply fancied making a case for my phone, Googled an image search and found this at Cult of Crochet.
'Well,' I thought to meself, 'I love it AND I have exactly the same coloured yarn in my stash! Game on.

It was very simple to make: (click on the link for exact details)
Crochet a rectangle to fit your phone or gadget, and include button holes. This pattern used a version of grit stitch, which looks fab.

Vintage phone case Vintage phone case

I then blanket stitched a piece of vintage curtain fabric to the inside:

Vintage phone case

Then added some vintage buttons, stitched the sides, et voilĂ !

Vintage phone case

A little case for my little and very non-gadget-tech-basic mobile telephoney.

Vintage phone case Vintage phone case

Happy days.
X