Monday, 16 May 2011

Weekend wonders

Now there's a place for Ikea and all things high street, but I truly love finding great things at car boot sales, charity shops, antique stalls etc. It gives me a little buzz (and my purse is only a little lighter).
Here's a cute vintage basket I found in the antique shop.

Basket of wool

I think I was inspired by Kristen's title photo on her Cozy Things blog! Those balls of yarn look so homely, plus I 'needed' somewhere to store mine which looks pretty. (That's what I tell the Mr, anyway).

I also found this lovely French bedlinen, perfect for my little girl's room.

Bedlinen

What makes it even better is that it was sold as a single duvet set, but when I got it home, I realised that actually it's a double! Brilliant! I shall dust off Nan's old sewing machine, craft myself a single cover and get busy making bunting and cushion covers with the leftovers. Luckily, Number 2 is still in a cot, so I've got some time before she'll need a duvet.

We also had a great time in the garden this weekend: making new flower beds, getting rid of an old shed and generally having fun with the kids. Feel a bit tired today - the flower beds are either full of builder's rubble or thick with clay.
These cheered me up though..

BroomViolas

Hope you all had a good weekend.