Monday, 1 August 2011

Some up-do action

The crochet's a bit slow this week- too many WIPs and not enough progress on any of them - probably because my creative juices have been running elsewhere.

Take this, unassuming 1930s bureau, minus the openy-top-thingy (woodworm, apparently).

More shelves before

Purchased from charity shop for a tenner.
Given a bit of a sanding (I'm a bit unenthusiastic about this stage and get bored easily, so am not thorough).
Holes and cracks filled with flexible filler (marvellous stuff).
Slapped about with 3 coats of eggshell (not carefully applied- managed to get it on the curtains and the sofa- don't tell the Mister).
Jooooshed up a bit with some lush paper from a nice arty shop.

Et voilĂ !

More shelves 2

Lovely shelves for the little'un's room. I'm actually very surprised at how nicely they've turned out, as it goes.

Moving on..
Another up-do. A little table, given the same treatment as the shelves above (minus the pretty paper). Sorry, no 'before' photo, just an afters:

Table finished

I love that knitting bag. Charity shop find, obviously. I thought the cats looked happy and they are wearing bow-ties, which is always a good thing in my book.

I digress. Yet another up-do in the form of some little shelvy-things (originally Ikea, mine from Charity shop, of course):

Crafty drawers!

This time I went mad with spray paint. Two coats. Very quick and dried in no time.
Then glued the same paper I put on the shelves.

Bingo!

Ikea shelves made over

And here's some more shelves I had a go at, just different paper glued to the front.

Ikea shelves made over

Pretty and easy too.

Wishing you all a creative and crafty week (if the kids'll let you)

Happy Monday, all. Xxx